Annual General Meeting of the Uppingham Neighbourhood Forum
Thursday August 29th 2019 Garden Terrace – The Falcon Hotel, Market Place, Uppingham – 7.30pm
Uppingham residents and representatives of all voluntary sector sports, youth, adult and charitable organisations based in Uppingham and its neighbouring villages are invited to attend the 2019 Annual General Meeting of the Forum to be held at The Falcon Hotel in Uppingham.
The Forum plays an important role in town providing a properly constituted platform to share ideas and pursue community goals. The Forum is recognised by local and national government and the voluntary sector at regional and national level. It serves as the democratically elected voice of the neighbourhood’s community sector with its own bank account and legal structure.
If a vote is required, the Forum constitution empowers every bona fide organisation registered with the Forum to send up to two voting delegates to the AGM. To date the Forum has been able to function by consensus. Individual residents will be particularly welcome at the meeting.
The 2018/19 Executive Committee included representatives from Leicester Road Residents, The Limes, Firs and Spurs Residents Association, the Beeches Residents Association, the Methodist Church, the Guides/Scouts, Neighbourhood Watch, Uppingham in Bloom, the EJ Toon Trust, the WI and the Rotary Club of Uppingham. Other groups are most welcome to propose representatives for 2019/20. Please advise the Coordinator in advance of the meeting.
The Forum nominates three Community Directors to the Board of Community Partnership Uppingham First and elects two representatives to serve on the Uppingham Neighbourhood Plan Advisory Group In September 2018 the Forum published a substantial Annual Report on its work in A5 booklet form and distributed it to every household in Uppingham. Also a Community Emergency Plan Aid Memoire Booklet. Copies are still available for new residents.
Most meetings of the Forum held to date have been public meetings preceded by an Executive Committee meeting. Unless the meeting thinks otherwise, it is proposed to continue with this way of working. Public meetings are notified online and by a newsletter delivered to every household prior to the meeting.
- Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Roll call of voting organisations (signing in sheet)
- Notes of the 2018 AGM
- To receive the Annual Accounts
- To confirm the AGM decisions of the Executive Committee
- Presentations and Discussions :-
- Surgery and health service update – Janet Thompson
- Policing Update – Leicestershire Police
- Dementia in Uppingham and Rutland – Margaret Demaine, Dementia Champion
- Post office and banking update – Uppingham Postmaster
- Cashless society, cash machine and the public toilet – Ron Simpson
- Cinema for Rutland (and perhaps Uppingham) Andrew Robinson
- Uppingham Homes CLT – Ron Simpson
- Uppingham Hopper – David Ainslie
- Community Group Event Notices – Flyers will be on seats and display boards at the rear of the room
- Open Forum (time permitting and at the discretion of the Chair) Meeting will close no later than 9pm.